[keycloak-dev] Keycloak 1.8.0.CR1 Released

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 05:52:41 EST 2016

Keycloak 1.8.0.CR1 has just been released. As usual we will follow with a
final release next week as long as no major issues are reported.

   - *Default Admin User Removed* - we no longer have a built in admin
   account, instead a new account has to be created initially from
   http://localhost:8080/auth or with the bin/add-user[sh|bat] script
   - *Client Templates* - with the introduction of client templates it's
   now possible to share mappers and scope configuration between clients
   - *Partial Import* - it's now possible to import users, clients,
   identity brokers and user federators from a json file into an existing realm
   - *Truststore SPI* - we've introduced a Truststore SPI which provides a
   centralized place to manage the truststore for clients, email, user
   federation and identity brokering
   - *Password Hashing SPI* - if you want to import existing users into
   Keycloak you can implement a password hashing provider so existing hashed
   passwords can be used (thanks to tsudo <https://github.com/tsudot> for
   the contribution)
   - *Identity Brokering Login Flow* - this allows customizing the flow
   used when a user logs in through an identity broker
   - *SAML v2 Enhanced Client or Proxy Profile (ECP)
   <http://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2EnhancedClientProfile>* - this
   SAML profile is useful for non-browser based clients (for example a desktop
   application)
   - *OAuth2 Token Introspection <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662>* -
   the OAuth2 token introspection specification provides a standard way to
   obtain the active state of a token
   - *Conditional OTP* - requiring OTP used to be either enabled or
   disabled for a realm, it's now possible to conditionally choose which users
   require OTP based on for example a role or a request header (thanks to
   thomasdarimont <https://github.com/thomasdarimont> for the contribution)
   - *Realm Display Name* - a display name has been added to realms, which
   makes it possible to set a human readable name to be shown on login
   screens, emails, etc.
   - *WildFly 10.0.0.CR5* - Keycloak is now built on top of WildFly
   10.0.0.CR5. Deploying the server overlay to WildFly 9 is no longer supported

For the full list of issues resolved check out JIRA
<https://issues.jboss.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20keycloak%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0.CR1>
and
to download the release go to the Keycloak homepage
<http://keycloak.org/downloads>.