[keycloak-dev] Allow to search for users by exact attribute match.

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 19 03:58:27 EST 2016

Hi,

I was looking for a way to query users based on their exact username but it
turned out, that
  org.keycloak.admin.client.resource.UsersResource.search(String, String,
String, String, Integer, Integer)

  @GET
  @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
  List<UserRepresentation> search(@QueryParam("username") String username,
                                       @QueryParam("firstName") String
firstName,
                                       @QueryParam("lastName") String
lastName,
                                       @QueryParam("email") String email,
                                       @QueryParam("first") Integer
firstResult,
                                       @QueryParam("max") Integer
maxResults);

  usersResource.search("exactusername",null,null, null, null, email, 0, 10)

generates a like %..% query in
JpaUserProvider.searchForUserByAttributes(...).

Since usernames are unique per realm I think it would make sense to be able
to perform a
query for the exact username (or perhaps the combination of other
attributes as well).

Was this omitted by design, or may I create a JIRA for this?

Cheers,
Thomas