[keycloak-dev] Social login provider for Microsoft Live

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 06:22:22 EST 2016

On 19.1.2016 12:09, Stian Thorgersen wrote:

> On 19 January 2016 at 12:06, Vlastimil Elias <velias at redhat.com
> <mailto:velias at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     On 19.1.2016 11:52, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
>>     If you can get it in today or tomorrow (early) we can add it to
>>     1.8.0.CR2.
>
>     will try to do this, I will provide PR against branche and the
>     another against master
>
>>     You should also be able to use the generic OpenID Connect provider.
>
>     I though about it, but if I understand it correctly I will not be
>     able to get users name, surname and email this way, as it is not
>     provided in OAuth 2 and it requires another REST call in common
>     social providers.
>

> Do they not have an userinfo endpoint?

They have some REST endpoint at /me path, see doc at
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh826534.aspx
But I'm not sure if it match some standard or rules so generic OpenID
Connect provider can use it. What is format for UserInfo endpoint to be
useful for this provider? Keycloak documentation do not provide any
useful info about requirements for this URL (eg link to some specification).

Vlastimil