[keycloak-dev] auth-server-url as a system variable

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Jan 20 12:19:19 EST 2016

Good morning, I've been working on some ideas for AeroGear, in order
to have UPS and Keycloak in a separated infrastructure. The reason why
this is not possible today, is pretty much related with design
decisions in the past for UPS.

Not sure if this makes some sense or was already discussed. But I was
wondering if we could change the adapters to load an environment
variable like ${keycloak.server.url}. The raw idea is pretty simple:

## Configure the system variable on Wildfly

$JBOSS_HOME/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c --controller=localhost:9992
--command="/system-property=keycloak.server.url:add(value=http://localhost:8083)"

Or just configuring it inside standalone.xml like Hawkular already
does (http://www.hawkular.org/docs/user/installation-guide.html#_preparing_the_environments)

## Pass the variable as argument

{
  "realm" : "aerogear",
  "auth-server-url" : "${keycloak.server.url}",
  "ssl-required" : "external",
  "resource" : "unified-push-server",
  "bearer-only" : true,
  "disable-trust-manager" : true
}

I couldn't find any history related to this topic, besides this ticket
(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1289).

Do you think this is doable to implement? Or am I missing something?

--
- abstractj