[keycloak-dev] need explanation of distribution for adapters

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 13:43:21 EST 2016

On 21 January 2016 at 18:31, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:

> I need to create a separate adapter distro for Wildfly 10 as it is not
> compatible with Wildfly 8 and 9.  To do this, I need an explanation of
> the distribution directory for adapters

Would it not be cleaner to incorporate something in the adapter that uses
different classes depending on the undertow version?

> distribution/adapters/wildfly-adapter?  What is this for?  Wildfly 9 and
> 10?

distribution/adapters/wildfly-adapter is for the latests range we support.
Currently it was supposed to be WF9 + 10. The idea was
that distribution/adapters/wildfly-adapter would always be for the latest
version of WildFly. When we have to do something that prevents backwards
compatibility we'd copy it to distribution/adapters/wf-<VERSION> and then
update distribution/adapters/wildfly-adapter to the latest WF version.

> distribution/feature-packs/adapter-feature-pack?  What is this for?
> Wildfly 10 only?  Wildfly 9 and 10?

distribution/feature-packs/adapter-feature-pack only has to support latest
version of WF. It's only used by WildFly Swarm guys.