[keycloak-dev] Code style

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 14:28:25 EST 2016

I'm wasn't planing on having a lengthy discussion about code style. It's
usually just a matter of personal preference and folks do get used to most
things.

Questions are:

* Should we have a code style?
* What IDEs are Keycloak devs using (I'm crossing my fingers everyone says
IntelliJ)
* Should we enable the checkstyle plugin?

With regards to the actual style my first thought was to base it on WildFly
code style (we do build on top of it after all). However, they do not have
one for IntelliJ, which makes it a no go IMO. Further I don't particularly
want to craft one (and try to get configs for IntelliJ match Eclipse, which
also passes the checkstyle). So do anyone have suggestions of other
projects we can borrow from?

If we're going to incorporate a code style and re-format the current code
case now is a very good time.