[keycloak-dev] Code style

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 05:33:04 EST 2016

On 21/01/16 20:28, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
> I'm wasn't planing on having a lengthy discussion about code style.
> It's usually just a matter of personal preference and folks do get
> used to most things.
>
> Questions are:
>
> * Should we have a code style?
> * What IDEs are Keycloak devs using (I'm crossing my fingers everyone
> says IntelliJ)
> * Should we enable the checkstyle plugin?
>
> With regards to the actual style my first thought was to base it on
> WildFly code style (we do build on top of it after all). However, they
> do not have one for IntelliJ, which makes it a no go IMO. Further I
> don't particularly want to craft one (and try to get configs for
> IntelliJ match Eclipse, which also passes the checkstyle). So do
> anyone have suggestions of other projects we can borrow from?
I am using the Intellij and have the codestyle file imported from
liveoak. Among other things, it has "import package.*" prevented
(related discussion in other thread).

We had netbeans, eclipse and intellij there and I hope there were in
sync:
https://github.com/liveoak-io/liveoak/tree/master/support/ide-configs .

Seeing there was also checkstyle as well:
https://github.com/liveoak-io/liveoak/blob/master/support/build-config/src/main/resources/liveoak-checkstyle/checkstyle.xml

Marek