[keycloak-dev] Support UTF-8 encoding theme message properites

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Wed Jul 6 02:32:26 EDT 2016

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been under the impression that
Java .properties files should always use encoding ISO-8859-1. Characters
not present in ISO-8859-1 can be written in \uxxxx. Won't it make things
confusing to developers if another encoding is used here instead?

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#load-java.io.InputStream-
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#store-java.io.OutputStream-java.lang.String-

If alternate encodings are desired how about supporting the XML format of
Properties?

Best regards,
Thomas