[keycloak-dev] Support UTF-8 encoding theme message properites

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 08:28:33 EDT 2016

> On 6 July 2016 at 09:07, Thomas Raehalme
> <thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
> <mailto:thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com>> wrote:
>
>     I didn't say using ISO-8859-1 with .properties was elegant, just the
>     way it is :-)
>

> The fact that it's the default doesn't mean it has to be the only way ;)

+1 for UTF-8

Take it from someone who has done more than his fair share of solving
internationalization and character encoding issues that UTF-8 is the
current defacto standard today across a wide range of technologies. It's
almost universally agreed that specifying ISO-8859-1 as a default was a
regrettable mistake from an earlier era before internationalization
matured. There is an old proverb "no matter how far down the wrong road
you've traveled it's never too late to turn back", that could be the
motto for ISO-8859-1 :-)

--
John