[keycloak-dev] Authorization Code Flow as Default for Javascript?

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 02:37:30 EDT 2016

With Implicit flow it's usual to have a long expiration on access tokens as
there is no refresh token. Once the access token is expired you're left
with having to do the whole OAuth redirect dance again to obtain a new
token. What's even worse is that if you have long lived access tokens
there's potentially a longer time between the verification of
the access token directly with Keycloak, which means that an access token
could potentially be used long after the session has been removed.

With that in mind having short lived access tokens with a refresh token is
better in our opinion even for public clients.