[keycloak-dev] Feedback on Client Registration CLI

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu Jul 21 13:15:09 EDT 2016

Nice work Marko! I had two (not big deal) questions. First, when you
specify the --cache parameters as you did for SAML, could the cache file be omitted?

For example: kcreg --cache -r saml-realm ...

I was thinking that once you specified the realm name, the API will just
look for ~/.keycloak/saml-realm.cache. It's just an idea.

Second question, is more like something to think if worth to take
into consideration. Most of the examples that I saw, make use of
username/password. But if the admin enables two factor authentication,
she might be unable to use our client-reg CLI, or enforce weaken security only
to make use of the CLI.

Is OTP support planned for further iterations?

On 2016-07-21, Marko Strukelj wrote:
> And if anyone wants to get their feet wet already:
>
> https://github.com/mstruk/keycloak/tree/cli-reg/integration/client-registration-cli-tool
>

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Great work Marko!
> >
> > As we didn't have time to go through feedback let's use this thread for
> > it. Add your questions and comments here please.

abstractj
PGP: 0x84DC9914