[keycloak-dev] Read-only attributes for UserFederation providers

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Fri Jul 22 05:51:24 EDT 2016

Good morning,

I was working on this issue[1] this week and thinking about how
to tell our interface that the federation provider has read-only
attributes.

For example, today for the LDAPFederationProvider[2], we
provide server side validations telling our user that they cannot edit
those attributes. But still, input fields are editable and user
will only know after hit the submit button.

Not sure if makes sense, but very maybe if we provide a method
at UserFederation like:

boolean isReadOnly(); //defaults to false or override it and return true

And later expose it to the interface, we could bring the
text field properties set to read-only.

Does it make any sense?

[1] - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3060
[2] - https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/c7a8742a368bd8d76301145b08bb1e4af1b010e9/federation/ldap/src/main/java/org/keycloak/federation/ldap/ReadonlyLDAPUserModelDelegate.java#L38-L64