[keycloak-dev] Moving translations to a separate repository

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 00:58:18 EDT 2016

I'm thinking of moving translations to a separate repository.

The plan is to not have them included in the standard distribution and not
part of the release. Often a release comes with changes to the English
message bundles and we can't afford to wait for all translations to be
updated before a release.

The repository would have a page listing the languages and each language
would have a maintainer listed (by Github username). Ideally we'd also have
the page automatically updated with % keys translated and somehow figure
out if it needs to be updated (in the event the English translation has
changed).

Adding translations to the base theme should be made as simple as possible.
This will need some work to make as it's not simple at the moment to add
additional translations as it requires a custom theme.