[keycloak-dev] Moving translations to a separate repository

Iván Perdomo ivan at akvo.org
Wed Jun 8 10:14:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

> The repository would have a page listing the languages and each language
> would have a maintainer listed (by Github username). Ideally we'd also
> have the page automatically updated with % keys translated and somehow
> figure out if it needs to be updated (in the event the English
> translation has changed).

We're using Transifex for handling translations, e.g. [1] They support
open source projects [2]. It's an "easy" way to know which translations
are lagging and which one are up-to-date.

It seems they have integrations with GitHub, but we're not using it. We
just point some particular properties|xml file and set it up as resource
that needs automatic update.

Not sure if the Keycloak project want to use another tool, but I wanted
to share our positive experience.

[1] https://www.transifex.com/akvo-foundation/public/
[2] http://docs.transifex.com/faq/#what-is-considered-an-open-source-project

My five cents,