[keycloak-dev] Optional authenticator inside an alternative subflow, how and when is it invoked?

Rashmi Singh singhrasster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:43:42 EDT 2016

In general, if we have any two authenticators under ALTERNATIVE flow, the
second being OPTIONAL, is the optional one invoked only when
context.setUser(user) is set in the first authenticator? otherwise, the
second OPTIONAL authenticator is never invoked (irrespective of
whether Authenticator.configuredFor
returns true or false) at all? Is there a way to invoke the optional
authenticator even when context.setUser(user) was never done in the first
authenticator?