[keycloak-dev] Help regarding Picketlink Feature Migration

Shaun Willows shaun.willows at iblocks.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:31:04 EDT 2016

We are evaluating security frameworks for new application(s) within our organisation. Picketlink provides a number of features that are desirable to us as an organisation. However, as I understand, Picketlink is being migrated into Keycloak, and this process started in March 2015. Is it possible to provide any updates regarding the migration of the following features:

*         Picketlink's Java EE integration (particularly its integration with the DeltaSpike security interceptor) is especially useful to us. Will Keycloak provide similar CDI / Java EE integration? The FAQ at http://picketlink.org/keycloak-merge-faq/ indicates that this was planned to be the case, but I cannot see any progress on this issue in the Keycloak Github or JIRA.

*         Picketlink's IDM capabilities included a JPA IDM and the ability to easily create new IDMs. How can this be achieved in Keycloak?

*         Picketlink's capability to provide custom authenticators and token providers is also useful to us. How can this be achieved in Keycloak?

I appreciate the need to consolidate projects within Red Hat, however as Picketlink is not being actively developed and there is no clear migration path from Picketlink to Keycloak for a number of features, users of both frameworks are left with no interim solution.

Thanks for any help in this regard

Shaun Willows