[keycloak-dev] Config File for token validator endpoints url in keycloak?

Eric Son 3016 desk3016 at live.com
Wed Jun 15 22:26:11 EDT 2016

Hi Stian,
For elaborating previous question, I am creating a authentication provider, which needs to
call an external API. The payloads needs be encrypted with a key before calling
the API.
I want API URL and Path of the Key to be configurable, so that Ops
team can tweak that based on each environment.
I’ll be using KeyCloak in
multi-tenant environment, so rather than configuring it at authenticator level
for each relam, we want to configure these settings at system level.

I came across this link http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/providers.html#d4e559
which shows how you can pass configuration to providers.
I tried to do the same
thing for my authentication provider but that didn’t work. Not Sure if it
matters but I am using KeyCloak version 1.9.3.

This is what I put in keycloak-server.json. Here
“xyz-username-password-authenticator” is my provider ID.

"authentication": {

"xyz-username-password-authenticator": {

"tvUrl": "https://192.168.0.11/TokenValidator/TokenValidator.asmx"

}

}

I also tried it by putting following configuration i.e. by
removing the “authentication” element from above config.

"xyz-username-password-authenticator":
{

"tvUrl":
"https://192.168.0.11/TokenValidator/TokenValidator.asmx"

}

Can you please guide me how can I pass these configurations
to my authentication providers?
Thanks!
Best Regards,
WJ