[keycloak-dev] server start up errors

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 09:34:41 EDT 2016

On 6/21/16 8:21 AM, John Dennis wrote:

> The "wait for full initialization" problem is not new to us with
> daemons. It's come up a number of times with IPA and other daemons we
> work with. The way we've dealt with it is to have our service scripts
> that start and stop services write to one of the primary sockets and
> only when it gets a valid response back conclude the service is in fact
> up (handling timeouts of course). Systemd came along later and might
> have some support for socket detection, I'll investigate that option.

This is good feedback.  I'm not sure what you mean by writing to a
primary socket.  You mean HTTP(S) 80/443?  I'm pretty sure HTTP(S)
sockets are set up before Keycloak is even deployed.  This is because
internally Keycloak has a dependency on HTTP subsystem and won't be
initialized until that subsystem is started.

Can you parse System output for a specific string?  Is that viable?
I'll ping Wildfly team to see how they've handled stuff like this.

Bill