[keycloak-dev] Does setRequiredActions method need to be invoked explicitly?

Rashmi Singh singhrasster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:03:52 EDT 2016

I have an authenticator where I have the following method:

public void setRequiredActions(KeycloakSession session, RealmModel realm,
UserModel user) {
        user.addRequiredAction(NewRequiredAction.PROVIDER_ID);
}

Is this method invoked automatically by keycloak when authentication is
performed or we need to explicitly call this when we want to add the
RequiredAction? For me, it is not being invoked automatically by keycloak
which I first thought was the case. Could you please explain this in more
detail on how this exactly works?