[keycloak-dev] User updates not reflected in validateAndProxy()

Brian Watson watson409 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:36:00 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am creating a custom user federation provider as a temporary bridge to
sync users between our old, custom auth solution's database and Keycloak. I
noticed an issue, and was looking for some clarification:

When I update a user via the administration UI, the validateAndProxy()
method of my UserFederationProvider instance is called, as expected.
However, the user passed into the method call contains the _old_
information for the user, not the _updated_ information. I set a breakpoint
in my code, and at the time that validateAndProxy() is called, the data
store still contains the _old_ information. Is this expected behavior? Is
there another SPI I should be using to see the updated information for the
user so that I can sync it with my data store?

Thank you in advance.