[keycloak-dev] UserFederationProvider.close() not being called

Brian Watson watson409 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:09:22 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have set a breakpoint in the close() method of my UserFederationProvider
instance, which is never invoked. I set a breakpoint in the getInstance()
method of my factory, and traced the call to this line:

https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/server-spi/src/main/java/org/keycloak/models/UserFederationManager.java#L146

No where in the stack trace between this line and line 422 of
KeycloakModelUtils (where getInstance() is called) do I see the provider
being stored for later use, such as calling the close() method.

Is this a bug or intended behavior?