[keycloak-dev] Direct Grant API for Confidential Clients

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue May 17 04:36:20 EDT 2016

Hi Lance,

if you specify the "grant_type=password" you are using Direct access
grants (it's called "Resource Owner Password credentials grant" in
OAuth2 specification) documented here [1]

if you specify the "grant_type=client_credentials" you are using Service
accounts and you are obtaining token on behalf of client (it's called
"Client Credentials grant" in OAuth2 specification) and it's documented
here [2]

[1]
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/direct-access-grants.html
[2]