[keycloak-dev] SingleFileExportProvider always tries to export users

Fabricio Milone fabricio.milone at shinetech.com
Sun May 22 21:28:56 EDT 2016

Hi devs,

I've been working with some realm configurations and today I wanted to
export all my work to a file so I tried to follow this:

http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/export-import.html

After some failed attempts due to my custom federator, I've decided to SKIP
users from the export using the SKIP property as described in the
documentation but it didn't work at all, so I've checked the code that is
performing the export action and found that the usersExportStrategy is not
being taken from the configuration but it is just set to TRUE instead.

Look at the lines 65 and 83 in this file:

https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/exportimport/singlefile/SingleFileExportProvider.java

For now, I've just modified the code locally to get the configuration
correctly from the property I am passing at startup (like
MultipleStepsExportProvider.java is doing), but I would like to contribute
with a PR if necessary.

Is there any reason to not do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,