[keycloak-dev] Making ServerInfoAdminResource::ENUMS mutable

Dmitry Telegin mitya at cargosoft.ru
Tue Oct 18 15:57:02 EDT 2016

Hi Stian,
I completely agree on the first point, this deserves a better solution.
But knowing that it would require digging deep into the guts of
KeyCloak, I just didn't dare :)
I would see providers somehow registering their custom enum keys,
either via API call or via callback, and KeyCloak would maintain the
list of custom values per provider. ServerInfoAdminResource then could
return a combined list of enum keys, both built-in and defined by
providers. But I'm afraid that would require changes to API and/or
interfaces. What do you think? How would you approach this problem
yourself?
And BTW, what's wrong with the second PR? The github comment seems a
bit unclear, so could you please elaborate? It has completely different
scope, though deals with the same feature. It's not about exposing
anything via static methods, it's about making ResourceType extensible,
following a well-defined pattern. I was sure that Marek supported it,
and I've implemented it in accordance with his recommendations.
Please forgive my persistence, but I consider this an important
feature. What we love about KeyCloak is its total extensibility. Having
custom entities and realm resources is great, but not being able to log
their events leaves a sensation of incompleteness.
Cheers,Dmitry