[keycloak-dev] OIDC external provider's multiple signing keys are causing signature validation errors

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 04:42:27 EDT 2016

Hi,

could you please create JIRA for it and mark component as "Specification
- OIDC" ?

I agree the current behaviour has space for improvements. There is also
one related performance issue as currently we "compute" the PublicKey
from PEM during each login of federated user. Same goes for client
authentication with signed JWT. I think we should have some
"PublicKeyCacheProvider" of public keys, which will be used by both
IdentityProviders and Clients. Also we should be able to "retrieve" new
keys from "jwks_uri" on demand when key with corresponding "kid" is not
found (currently we do it always just when IdentityProvider config is
imported, or when OIDC client is registered).

Thanks,
Marek