[keycloak-dev] Why is the access_token a JWT?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 12:45:24 EDT 2016

Our access tokens are JWS's.  Json Web Signatures that contain a JWT.
This way if Client One gets an access token this token can be used to
invoke on Client Foo.  Client Foo validates the JWS signature with the
realm's public key, if correct, allows the invocation.  THis is so that
you don't have to have a hub/spoke authentication for every single REST
invocation.