[keycloak-dev] Integration tests for FreeIPA

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 22:42:46 EDT 2016

Hi Bruno,

the question is if we really need FreeIPA on Travis CI? The thing is
that Travis is currently just the CI for run "mvn clean install" when
you send PR to find regressions early. However we have already lots of
tests, which are not executed during default travis build. For example:
- Adapter tests in new testsuite.
- Tests with Keycloak on real Wildfly server (by default testsuite uses
just embedded undertow)
- Test with other DBs than embedded H2
- Test with other LDAPs than embedded ApacheDS

IMO It's fine if FreeIPA tests are executed just when you run the build
with some special maven profile. Hence we will have job on central CI,
which will test FreeIPA on daily basis. However those tests won't be
executed during default "mvn clean install" build and hence also not
executed on travis during every build. So defacto approach 1 from what
you mentioned.

But maybe it's just me :)

Marek