[keycloak-dev] Merge of keycloak-nodejs-connect and keycloak-nodejs-auth-utils

Sebastien Blanc sblanc at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 07:26:49 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org>
wrote:

> On 2016-09-27, Sebastien Blanc wrote:
> > I know at least one project (a mbass solution)  that is planning to
> replace
> > some "manual" code by using the keycloak-nodejs-auth-utils module. It's
> in
> > an integration layer and it only needs to handle token/grant retrieval
> and
> > refresh.
>
> In this scenario, they don't have connect or express? If possible,
> would you mind to elaborate more?

Sure. In this use case the nodejs app act as a "client" for a third
application (the UnifiedPush Server) that is protected by KC. The
authentification system of the whole system is not based on KC (not yet ;)
) and for now the nodejs needs to retrieve "manually" a token to be able to
pass it to the requests to the UPS.