[keycloak-dev] [async] Why is async jaxrs being used?

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Sat Apr 1 14:16:36 EDT 2017

As you noticed with the ScheduledPermissionEvaluator, policy evaluation is
a blocking operation. The idea is provide in the future ways to configure
an executor and allow more authz requests happening in parallel with
complete control over how it is done.

Right now, yes. We don't have this yet but just using a single thread.

Some time ago I did some tests using executors but I had no success mainly
because of issues with JPA EntityManager.

I'm OK to remove async for now but keep an eye on the future for future
improvements in this area.

Regards.
Pedro Igor