[keycloak-dev] testsuite still eats server-side logs in IDE

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Apr 4 07:37:41 EDT 2017

On 04/04/17 12:24, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
> I think this probably still needs some work. When running from IDE we
> don't need the TestEventsLogger at all as the IDE (at least IntelliJ)
> deals with that in a much nicer way.
TestEventsLogger is already not executed when you run from IDE though?
At least for me, the junit listeners configured in pom.xml at
maven-surefire-plugin section are not executed when running from IDE.

The trick I used in the PR depends on it. I added the listener, which
disables the logging for "org.keycloak". Assumption is that this
listener is executed just during maven build, but not when executed from
IDE. If it's not the case, it won't work correctly and logging will be
still always disabled though...

I have Intellij 14.1.4 and I am running test by click right button on
the class and then "Run test" . Then seeing the test run under
"Run/Debug configuration" in bookmark "JUnit".

Marek