[keycloak-dev] Running keycloak behind web proxy

Plank Martin Martin.Plank at softec.sk
Tue Apr 11 06:03:31 EDT 2017

Hi all!

We're using Keycloak in a corporate environment where all external requests are blocked and must be sent via web proxy.
Therefore the ReCAPTCHA and social identity providers (from version 3.0.0.CR1) do not work correctly. It can be fixed by configuring proxy host on Apache HttpClient, e.g. [1].

I would be interested in contributing this. But I'm new to Keycloak development, so I will appreciate any information that could help, specifically:

-       What kind of automated tests do you expect to develop?

-       Where shoud be the proxy configuration stored?

I have also submitted a Feature request with more information: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-4743

Thanks
Martin Plank

[1] https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/examples/org/apache/http/examples/client/ClientExecuteProxy.java