[keycloak-dev] token exchange

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 11:58:57 EDT 2017

I disagree Pedro.  Needs to be based scopes and/or audience.  In our
original example, Service B only knows he wants to talk to Service C.
Shouldn't have to know the set of scopes he needs to "downgrade" to talk
to C.

The original OAuth spec assumed that the browser would be involved.
Scopes are useful in that sense as the IDP can ask for consent.  There's
no way to ask for consent from the user in a service to service
invocation. Hence, we have the token-exchange Draft in OAuth WG and this
is why that spec offers both scope and audience as parameters.