[keycloak-dev] Better support authenticationSessions in multiple browser tabs

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 08:53:49 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Marek Posolda <mposolda at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 29/11/17 14:44, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
>> I would target this to 3.4.2. I don't want to delay the 3.4.1 release
>> if we can help it.
>>
>> I'd also suggest some (short if possible) random key (or a counter?!)
>> rather than relying on protocol specific values. 'state' is not
>> actually required in OAuth right? It's just recommended.
> Yes, it's not required. And same for SAML. Was wondering about the same.
> Will use the random key or counter. Thinking if counter doesn't have
> some corner case issues (EG. If 2 tabs are opened concurrently after
> logout and will try to use same counter value as authSession update from
> tab2 won't be yet visible in tab1).

the "state" parameter IS required.  Its how the client can figure out
that it initiated the login or not.

I don't understand your solution...BTW, going back to auth_session_id
within the URL instead of a cookie like we used to do would fix this
too :).  If you're already going to add a "client-id" query parameter,
why not just revert back to the old way of doing this?

Red Hat