[keycloak-dev] Keycloak Realm Count Upper Limit

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 10:00:42 EST 2017

We did some capacity and stress testing on keycloak recently.  One of the
tests was to identify a breaking point for the realm count that would
result in the system breaking.  We identified that once Keycloak hits 470
realms, regardless of scaling up the box and having caching enabled,
Keycloak simply becomes unusable.

Right now, this is a higher number than we need, but wanted to see if there
are any plans or enhancements to look at in newer versions to see if we
should test differently?  We're on Keycloak 3.2 presently.

John