[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-4853

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Mon Dec 18 00:51:21 EST 2017

The unique ID is being returned as part of the Location header. This is a
standard way of doing things. I don't like your proposal of returning an ID
header as that's something custom that at least I've not seen done
elsewhere.

I appreciate the fact that the Location header has to be parsed, but adding
a new custom header isn't the solution IMO.

We would not consider this for 3.x so it wouldn't be merged until the new
year at the earliest. We'd also need an agreed pattern that should be
discussed on the mailing list prior to sending a PR. It would have to be
complete (all endpoints updated) and come with tests.