[keycloak-dev] Ability to confirm that a realm was created

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 08:01:19 EST 2017

I had raised a PR ( https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/4850 ) for
KEYCLOAK-4852. It seems like there may be some disagreement on whether this
is needed, but I was confused by the fact that the ticket was in the
"BacklogBacklog" without any comments, questions or concerns.

Here's the problem I face.  The resteasy proxy code only throws exceptions
for 4xx and higher responses.  I want to confirm on realm creation that I
received a 201 Created header back from keycloak.  The admin client doesn't
support this today.  To do that, and without breaking other consumers, I
introduced a new method that will return the response.  The void method
remains and doesn't change any behavior.  The new method allows me to read
the response status and location headers correctly.

John