[keycloak-dev] keycloak.json in directory "config" in quickstarts

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 15:34:56 EST 2017

In quickstart examples, we want people to put keycloak.json into the
"config" directory of particular quickstart. Then during build,
keycloak.json is copyied to src/main/webapp/WEB-INF.

Is it good pattern to do it like this? Can't we just instruct people
directly to put it into "WEB-INF" folder directly?

I personally found it a bit confusing as the adapter expects config in
"WEB-INF" folder by default. People may do their own apps and create the
"config/keycloak.json", but they they may forget to add the profile
"json" to their pom.xml to copy the file at build time. Then they can
see issues like "I have folder config and file keycloak.json in it. Why
Keycloak doesn't secure my app?" etc.

But maybe it's just me?