[keycloak-dev] Authenticating Desktop Applications with Keycloak and the keycloak-installed adapter

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 25 03:52:45 EDT 2017

Hi Bill,

that's nice to hear!
Is there already a JIRA issue for that? May I open a pull request and you
take it from there?

I think the TLS feature was a bit over ambitious - so never mind. The idea
was to optionally allow using
https for connections to 127.0.0.1 + allowing users to pass-in a custom
cert / trust store.

Note that using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost might cause some
compatibility problems and should be mentioned in the migration guide.
E.g. users who already use the keycloak-installed adapter probably need to
adapt the allowed redirect
uri pattern in the client configuration in Keycloak (127.0.0.1 instead of
localhost).

Cheers,
Thomas