[keycloak-dev] generic cli sso utility

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 16:36:49 EDT 2017

I've developed a small command line utility around Keycloak Installed.
The idea is that this utility performs a login with keycloak to obtain
an access token.  This utility saves the access and refresh token in a
file (similar to how ssh does in .ssh). Then bash scripts can be used to
export the access token as an environment variable so it can be used by
other command line utilities.

https://github.com/patriot1burke/keycloak/blob/master/adapters/oidc/installed/src/main/java/org/keycloak/adapters/installed/KeycloakCliSso.java

https://github.com/patriot1burke/keycloak/tree/master/adapters/oidc/cli-sso

Eventually I'm thinking of creating a text/plain protocol with Keycloak
server so that launching a browser or cutting/pasting between the
command line window and browser isn't a requirement. It woudl be a plain
text challenge response protocol.  This would require a bit more work as
it would require reworking all of our built in authenticators and
required action plugins.