[keycloak-dev] Different internal and external URLs

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 09:30:54 EDT 2017

Can't you just override the IP address in the host file on the machine?

We could consider adding a feature, but it wouldn't be trivial to implement:

* A realm would need to have an issuer/public URL. Maybe also a list of
acceptable request URLs.
* Adapters would need to have two URLs for the auth-server. One the issuer
URL and another the request URL
* This would all need to have automated testing and the documentation would
need to be updated

Then there's also the fact that ideally all connections should use HTTPs so
you'd need one certificate for external request as well as another one for
internal requests. Not sure how that'd look like in the wild.