[keycloak-dev] Community extensions and examples

Liam Maruff liam.maruff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 02:15:58 EDT 2017

This is a worthwhile discussion, and one I've been thinking about starting.

I'm working with Keycloak on two different projects at the moment. While
doing so, I've written mechanisms for:

1. A REST based storage provider
2. A client-certificate authentication provider, where SSL is terminated at
a reverse proxy and the certificate is provided in a user header. This
differs from the X/509 Validate Username Provider in that it supports an
'optional' mode whereby a user can still login without having provided a
certificate, but is not MFA'ed, and is prompted using a 'required action'.
3. A backup-codes mechanism (integrated with a lot of LDAP stuff that's
organisation specific, but my design have been well received by end users)
4. extensions to the profile application for (2) and (3)

Now, the problem is, in addition to my usual work, I don't have the time to
get involved in the Keycloak project and re-engineer these components so
that they are suitable for inclusion in the main project. However, feedback
from within my organisation and from our customers has led me to conclude
that my ideas are sound.

With a little work from an experienced contributor, I suspect that part of
these providers could be included in the main project. It would be great to
have some place to put these up where they could be given some exposure
and, potentially, scheduled for further work and inclusion by those of you
close to the project.

Regards,

LM