[keycloak-dev] Keycloak 3.0.0.CR1 released

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 15:08:03 EDT 2017

Keycloak 3.0.0.CR1 is released. Even though we've been busy wrapping up
Keycloak 2.5 we've managed to include quite a few new features.

To download the release go to the Keycloak homepage
<http://www.keycloak.org/downloads>.

This release is the first that comes without Mongo support.

Highlights

   - *No import option for LDAP* - This option allows consuming users from
   LDAP without importing into the Keycloak database
   - *Initiate linking of identity provider from application* - In the past
   adding additional identity brokering accounts could only be done through
   the account management console. Now this can be done from your application
   - *Hide identity provider* - It's now possible to hide an identity
   provider from the login page
   - *Jetty 9.4* - Thanks to reneploetz <https://github.com/reneploetz> we
   now have support for Jetty 9.4
   - *Swedish translations* - Thanks to Viktor Kostov for adding Swedish
   translations
   - *Checksums for downloads* - The website now has md5 checksums for all
   downloads
   - *BOMs* - We've added BOMs for adapters as well as Server SPIs

The full list of resolved issues is available in JIRA
<https://issues.jboss.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20keycloak%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.0.0.CR1>
.
Upgrading

Before you upgrade remember to backup your database and check the migration
guide
<https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/documentation/server_admin/topics/MigrationFromOlderVersions.html>
.