[keycloak-dev] JWS sizes

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 12:25:36 EDT 2017

FYI,

Signature for RSA-Sha-256 for JWS is 172 bytes.  The Header of the JWS
is minimally 20 extra bytes.  Can be more depending on additional
headers (kid, typ, cty).  Wanted to state these numbers as they effect
if we want to use a cookie to store session information instead of
within a ClientSessionModel on the auth server, or HttpSession on
clients/apps.  Supposedly cookie storage is limited to 4k per domain, so
we're immediately starting 200 bytes (5%) in the hole.

Bill