[keycloak-dev] Frontchannel logout based on iframes?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed May 3 15:27:26 EDT 2017

Maybe we can solve this somehow too. The iframes can be visible by
default and we can hide them through the javascript, once the document
is loaded. If javascript is disabled, iframe will be still visible, so
user can manually click on logout button. But not sure how bad this is
for usability?

My hope is, if we can remove redirect-based approach and rely on iframes
instead, which will help with cross-dc. But I may miss some corner
cases... If we need to keep the redirect-based approach, we would need
to refactor it anyway IMO as currently frontchannel logout with
redirect-based approach needs to write multiple times to userSession
before it removes it, which is not ideal behaviour. Probably we can
create temporary authenticationSession, which will exist just during the
logout process, and will be able to rely on browser sticky session
between redirects.

Marek