[keycloak-dev] Authorization with Springboot adapter

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Thu May 18 19:33:02 EDT 2017

I've sent a PR [1] with a quickstart for Spring Boot. Will work with some
more examples covering specific features of Keycloak Authorization Services.

Please let me know what you think about it. It is basically a Spring Boot
Web application protected with simple fine-grained permissions.

[1] https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-quickstarts/pull/26

Regards.
Pedro Igor

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Pedro Igor Silva <psilva at redhat.com> wrote:

> Btw, you are not the first one asking for more details about Spring boot
> integration. That is why I want to review this ....
>
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Pedro Igor Silva <psilva at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We are really missing examples and documentation to Spring Boot Adapter.
>> Will write an example/template and review docs.
>>
>> Can give you an answer right now because I've tested authz with spring
>> boot only a very few times. But you should not get this error at all.
>>
>> Will have something today.
>>

>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Crafton Williams <
>> crafton.williams at qut.edu.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All:
>>>
>>> I’m trying to configure a basic springboot app using the springboot
>>> keycloak adapter. Authentication works as expected but I’m a bit confused
>>> as to how to configure the policy enforcer in yaml. The documentation shows
>>> configuring the policy-enforcer as a json document however the springboot
>>> config implies a only policy-enforcer-config. In any case, I did try the
>>> json doc but it wasn’t picked up by the adapter.
>>>
>>> I’m using 3.0.0.Final and tried the following in my yaml file(omitted
>>> the rest of the path info for brevity):
>>>
>>> Policy-enforcer-config:
>>>   Enforcement-mode: ENFORCING
>>>   paths:
>>>
>>>   *   name: blah
>>>
>>> The exception I got was:
>>>
>>> org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Unable to
>>> start embedded container; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
>>> Error creating bean with name 'tomcatEmbeddedServletContainerFactory'
>>> defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/auto
>>> configure/web/EmbeddedServletContainerAutoConfiguration$EmbeddedTomcat.class]:
>>> Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
>>> creating bean with name 'org.keycloak.adapters.springb
>>> oot.KeycloakSpringBootConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed
>>> through method 'setKeycloakSpringBootProperties' parameter 0; nested
>>> exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
>>> Error creating bean with name 'keycloak-org.keycloak.adapter
>>> s.springboot.KeycloakSpringBootProperties': Could not bind properties
>>> to KeycloakSpringBootProperties (prefix=keycloak,
>>> ignoreInvalidFields=false, ignoreUnknownFields=false,
>>> ignoreNestedProperties=false); nested exception is
>>> org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property
>>> 'policyEnforcerConfig.paths[0]' of bean class