[keycloak-dev] questions on Marek/Hynek presentation

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri May 19 10:19:13 EDT 2017

* Won't the regular case be that the load balancer generates the
affinity cookie or doesn't have a cookie at all?  HA-Proxy is quite
popular and they have both options.

* @ 18:25 in bluejeans session, The "You are already logged in" screen.
What happens when the use clicks "proceed"?  Does the SAML or OIDC
request continue as normal? Or are you calculating the URI on the
application to redirect to, if so, why?

On Action Tokens:

* What is the relationship between the RequiredAction SPI and
ActionTokenHandler SPI?  Does every RequiredAction have to have a
corresponding ActionTokenHandler?

* Why would a app developer need to implement an ActionTokenHandler?
Wouldn't it be better for the Required Action SPI to provide the
appropriate metadata so that the handler could be implemented by us?
i.e. isOneTimeToken, email-template, etc, etc.  I guess what I'm saying
is that action tokens should be incorporated into the RequiredAction SPI.

* Related to above.  Required actions should be able to specify an
"admin console template" and "login template".  These would be the
freemarker template to use to create the email that is sent to the
user.  "admin console" would be from an admin generating the action.
"login" would be when user login initiates the action email.

* On the Admin Console "Credential Reset" section.  Required Action
emails (now Action tokens) aren't necessarily "Credential Resets".
Verify email is not a credential reset. etc. This need to be renamed and
maybe put in another tab?

* We will need a way to offload action processing to another external
service.  keycloak exists to mark that the action was completed, but all
the processing for the action happens in an external application.  A lot
of people have existing applications they want to integrate with that
perform action processing.  Just something to think about.  We need this
for other areas of keycloak (i.e. registration).