[keycloak-dev] Change the binding name in ScriptBasedAuthenticator?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu May 25 12:24:43 EDT 2017

Hi Thomas and all,

In 3.2 we did some refactoring and authenticators are now using
authenticationSession instead of ClientSession. I see if we should do
something for the ScriptBasedAuthenticator as it;s still using
"clientSession" as binding where it puts authentication session. I can
see the possibilities:

1) Keep the binding name "clientSession" for backwards compatibility
2) Change the binding name. Probably to "authenticationSession" ? It
would need to be documented in the migration guide.

My vote is to rather go with 2 as people will likely need to refactor
their scripts anyway. Some method signatures are same for authentication
session like was for client session, but not all. WDYT? Other idea?