[keycloak-dev] ConcurrencyTest failures

Marko Strukelj mstrukel at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 12:32:07 EDT 2017

I've been getting intermittent ConcurrencyTest failures.

Tests in error:

  ConcurrencyTest.testAllConcurrently:57->concurrentTest:49->AbstractConcurrencyTest.run:53->AbstractConcurrencyTest.run:96
» Runtime

I'm unable to reliably replicate it but it never happens when running
ConcurrencyTest alone (i.e. -Dtest=ConcurrencyTest) but always as part of
full testsuite 30 mins into the run.

I propose to add:

static boolean runIntermittentlyFailingTests() {
    return "true".equals(System.getProperty("test.intermittent"));
}

in AbstractKeycloakTest.java and check at the beginning of
ConcurrencyTest.java#testAllConcurrently():

if (!runIntermittentlyFailingTests()) {
    System.out.println("TEST SKIPPED - This test currently suffers
from intermittent failures. Use -Dtest.intermittent=true to run it.");
    return;
}