[keycloak-dev] Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) SSO adapters for OIDC/Keycloak

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 08:55:46 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm going to implement OIDC/Keycloak SSO adapters for Atlassian SW like
Jira or Confluence, starting with Jira first.

My intention is to have full SSO integration there, so keycloak will be
used for all logins to Jira (jira login page not used in any way), and
even automatic login on first jira visit if user has SSO session in
keycloak already. I wrote similar stuff for CAS protocol so I believe it
is possible to implement it.

Do you think a repo for these adapters (one shared for all of them)
should be hosted in https://github.com/keycloak organization? Or should
I implement them in independent repo first and move under keycloak org
later if my implementation will be worth it?

I plan to use OIDC adapter from keycloak project for my implementation,
but my intention is to write them as universal OIDC adapters, not bound
to Keycloak SSO server itself.

Vlastimil

--
Vlastimil Elias
Principal Software Engineer, Middleware Engineering Services