[keycloak-dev] server-config-migration

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 12:39:27 EDT 2017

On 10/10/2017 8:30 AM, Vlasta Ramik wrote:
> On 10/10/2017 01:57 PM, Stan Silvert wrote:
>> I agree with Marko about WildFly to WildFly migration.  It would be
>> possible for the migration scripts to check the WildFly version though.
>> Maybe that should be added?
>>
>> Vlasta, the current migration test has an important overarching
>> purpose.  That is, it can tell if someone changed the config files
>> (standlone.xml, etc.) without updating the migration scripts.
> How exactly is that done? There is comparison of master and migrated
> config and it fails if there is not match. Do you mean that or something
> else?
Yes, that's what I'm talking about.  A migrated standalone.xml should
match the standalone.xml that ships with the latest Keycloak.   The test
we have now does that comparison for standalone.xml, standalone-ha.xml,
and domain.xml.  So if anybody changes the config without changing the
migration script it will fail.